Monday, February 25, 2008

Glossing: Essay 2

The theme that stayed pretty consistent in my essay is that technology is a valuable source, but that it also affects human communication styles and how communication is beginning to become a lost art. I was surprised that my essay gravitated specifically toward communication and this specific topic or theme. There weren’t themes that did not fit into my topic, probably because my topic is very broad and general. I believe that this is probably an indicator that I need to narrow my research and writing. Maybe the opposite topic should be further probed: how has technology enhanced our communications developments? The paper really is not designed to be argumentative, so I think it would be best to further develop this issue. Throughout the paper, I move back and forth through personal experience and then to public information. Throughout the glossing activity, I noticed that maybe I should perhaps add some more personal experience. I think that my organization can also be further developed. I believe that it would be helpful to have a set organized lay-out without randomly moving throughout the conversational qualities. The glossing activity also made me realize that I am perhaps a bit repetitive with some of the main points, so this too shows me that I need to work on my organization. In general, the glossing activity helped me view the general direction of my paper and made it easier for me to sort out through long paragraphs and pages of information.

No comments: